Florida, known as the “Sunshine State,” is home to many industries, including the security guarding industry. Security guards are responsible for protecting people, property, and assets from harm, theft, and vandalism.
Here are ten key facts about the security guarding industry in Florida |
- The security guarding industry is regulated by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Licensing. The division provides licenses to security guards and regulates their training and education.
- In Florida, the authorities require security guards to complete a 40-hour training course before they can receive their license.The training includes topics such as legal and ethical issues, emergency procedures, and report writing.
- Florida has over 200,000 licensed security guards, making it one of the largest security industries in the United States.
- The average hourly wage for an unarmed security guard in Florida is $15.00, and we think the guards earn their money due periods of heat and humidity in the Florida sunshine!
- Florida has a high demand for security guards due to its large population, tourism industry, and high crime rate in some areas.
- The security guarding industry in Florida will experience an 11% growth between 2022 and 2030, surpassing the national average for all occupations.
- The top employers of security guards in Florida are security services companies, followed by hospitals, colleges and universities, and retail stores.
- Shergroup Security insists that recruits joining our team have at least 3 years of experience, in addition to requiring a valid Florida driver’s license and a minimum age of 18 for obtaining a license for security guards in Florida.
- Before receiving their license, security guards in Florida must also pass a background check and undergo fingerprinting.
- Florida law allows security guards to carry a firearm if they have completed additional training and meet other requirements, such as passing a psychological evaluation.
Summing Up |
The security guarding industry in Florida is a vital component of the state’s safety and security infrastructure. Moreover, the industry’s large number of licensed guards and the growing demand for their services indicate that it will continue to play a crucial role in protecting people and property in the Sunshine State.
You can reach us |
By Phone | 833 743 7872
Website | www.shergroupusstg.wpenginepowered.com and you can chat with us from here
Email | [email protected]